OPEN POSITION: Senior Researcher in Laser Processing and Additive Manufacturing
Main Duties: Be part of the High-Power Processes and Applications (HPPA) area:
• Coordination of active projects and reporting to the area coordinator.
• Coordinate and execute technical tasks related to design, process planning, manufacturing, post-processing, testing and analysis of results, writing technical reports and deliverables, etc.
• Prepare and submit R&D proposals in the area of manufacturing processes in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team of AIMEN.
• Degree or Master Degree in Industrial Engineering, preferably with a specialization in Manufacturing Process.
• Degree or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials or similar.
Job Specific Skills: Advanced knowledge in:
• Joining and/or manufacturing technologies of broad spectrum of metals: laser technologies, friction stir welding, electric arc, etc.
• Industrial equipment based on these technologies and their deployment on robot / CNC positioning systems.
• 3D modelling and design tools (CATIA, ProEngineer, Solidworks or similar).
• Ability of offline programming using commercial tools (e.g. Mastercam, Robotmaster, Powermill or similar).
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
• Doctorate will be highly regarded, especially if related to processing of metallic materials: metallurgy, welding and other joining or similar.
• Knowledge and demonstrable experience in:
Simulation tools for joining processes and manufacturing by energy input (SysWeld, Pancomputing or similar).
Monitoring and control systems for joining and manufacturing process.
Metal Additive Manufacturing technologies, especially those of Direct Deposition of Energy (p-LMD, w-LMD, WAAM, etc.)
To have a network of industrial contacts and research centers at national and European level.
More details and application: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/871884502/